Joy Roberts Bio
2012 ICGMA Female Horizon Artist
2013 ICGMA Female Vocalist
Joy grew up in the country with 4 brothers and lots of horses. She spent most of her time riding, competing and singing with the family. Music was always in the house, as her Mother sang and played piano. Her grandmother and Aunt both taught music for their living.
Her roots have always been Gospel and Country music. Some of her childhood favorite artists include Hank Thompson, Ernest Tubb, and Loretta Lynn. While Mom wanted her to excel in Gospel music, Joy still loved the country tunes even when she was 4 or 5 years old.
She mostly sang at family gatherings and church; all the while, perfecting her horsemanship. As a young wife and Mother, she was privileged to be invited to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo to compete in the “Ranch Girls Barrel Race” for 16 years.
After losing her children’s father when they were 7 and 9, she spent the next several years trying to provide all she could to help them through various school and sports activities, including competitive roller skating, select soft ball and high school rodeo. They both went to college on rodeo scholarship.
In the meantime, she met and married Cotton Roberts, who helped with her daughters’ rodeo activities. After about 10 years of a very “trying” marriage, God intervened and Cotton totally turned his life around and began to speak at Cowboy Churches. Then their ministry, “Cowboy Connection Outreach” was birthed. Cotton spoke and Joy did the music. They held church at roping events, bull ridings, ministered at churches and any other place they could. They held a weekly church service in Azle, TX for several years until Cotton’s health took a turn for the worst. After about 5 years of numerous issues, God healed and restored him and he is stronger than ever. They own and operate 2 businesses in Decatur, TX; New Frontier Insurance and Cowgirl Auto Sales.
These are a few of the places Joy has ministered:
- Various USTRC Team Roping church services, including 3 years at the Regional Finals in Jackson, MS
- George Strait Invitational Team Roping Cowboy Church
- Scott Mendes Bull Riding Cowboy Church
- Opened for Phil Driscoll in Branson, MO
- Prison Ministry with Mike Barber
- Opened for Leon Rausch and Texas Playboys, Mena Arkansas
- Follow the Flag 4th of July Celebration in Azle, TX
- Halliburton Canada Tour
- Gospel Night on Main Street
- Regular on “Little Branson Gospel Show” Bridgeport and Azle, TX
- ICGMA Awards Shows
- Annual Christmas Shows/Arlington Music Hall, Arlington, TX
website is: www.joyrobertsministries.com